- Chewing gum or inflating a balloon will help to open up the blocked tube connecting ear and nose. The kids will love these activities. There are some toys available in form of a pipe or tube, when you blow them, they produce a sound or some paper work gets unfolded to amuse the child.
- Valsalva Maneuver: Close your nose with your finger and try to blow air but keep your mouth closed. The air instead of going outside will go through your Eustachian tube to middle ear and you will like to hear some sound. Warning: do it gently otherwise thin eardrums may rupture also.
- Toynebee Maneuver: Again close your nose with your finger and then try to swallow. This is very useful procedure but seldom told.
- Contraction of floor of mouth: This is bit difficult but some persons may contract the floor of their mouth to cause opening of Eustachian tube.
- Yawning: It is good exercise. Imitate like yawning.
- Use some local nasal decongestants drops to open your nose.
- Do some jogging, dancing or cycling. You will better with your nose and ears. :-)
Coagulating the prolapsing brain tissue which is practically dead, stops the CSF leak. Exposure of leak site is vital for successful ...
Saturday, March 19, 2011
How to open up the blocked ear because of cold?
The tube connecting the ear to nose gets blocked in cold. so, either to avoid this or to open it up again treat your cold. there are some simple things you can do....like...