- Chewing gum or inflating a balloon will help to open up the blocked tube connecting ear and nose. The kids will love these activities. There are some toys available in form of a pipe or tube, when you blow them, they produce a sound or some paper work gets unfolded to amuse the child.
- Valsalva Maneuver: Close your nose with your finger and try to blow air but keep your mouth closed. The air instead of going outside will go through your Eustachian tube to middle ear and you will like to hear some sound. Warning: do it gently otherwise thin eardrums may rupture also.
- Toynebee Maneuver: Again close your nose with your finger and then try to swallow. This is very useful procedure but seldom told.
- Contraction of floor of mouth: This is bit difficult but some persons may contract the floor of their mouth to cause opening of Eustachian tube.
- Yawning: It is good exercise. Imitate like yawning.
- Use some local nasal decongestants drops to open your nose.
- Do some jogging, dancing or cycling. You will better with your nose and ears. :-)
Saturday, March 19, 2011
How to open up the blocked ear because of cold?
The tube connecting the ear to nose gets blocked in cold. so, either to avoid this or to open it up again treat your cold. there are some simple things you can do....like...
Dear Friends, I hope this message finds you in good health and high spirits. Welcome to my blog, a space dedicated to educating my patients ...
How should I take steam? Steam can be taken by either the convenient Steamer or from the boiling water on a heater. The second option i...
People often visit ENT Doctors worrying about red bumps behind tongue? वे जीभ के पीछे लाल दाने की उत्पत्ति के बारे में पूछते हैं ? I wish...
Hi This gentleman was being treated with antibiotics for left side throat pain. When I examined him, I found an aphthous ulcer over left to...